PRIVACY NOTICE FOR MEMBERS
This privacy notice explains how and why we collect and use personal information from people who use our Dial-a-Ride/Car and other transport services.
The privacy notice is regularly reviewed and updated in line with the services we deliver. The date that it was last published is at the end of this notice. It is recommended that you check our website for any changes made to this privacy notice.
In this notice, we use the term personal information to mean any information from which you can be identified. This might include your name, your home address, your email contact details, and/or your telephone number. Personal information does not include information where your identity has been removed (i.e. anonymous data).
Personal information we collect and use
When you contact us about these services, we will collect some personal information from you (for example your name, address, email contact details, telephone number). We will only collect and use your personal information in this way if we are satisfied that there is a legitimate interest to record and retain this information for the purposes of delivering our services to you. Depending on the nature of the services provided to you, we may also ask you to provide special categories of personal information about you (for example, information about your health or ethnicity). We will collect and use this kind of information:
- if we have your explicit consent; and
- for equalities monitoring purposes.
Sharing personal information
We will only ever use your personal data if we are satisfied that it is lawful and fair to do so. We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
- where you have given us consent to share the information with the specific third party;
- if we are under a legal duty to disclose or share your personal information, for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime;
- in order to enforce any terms and conditions or agreements between yourself and us;
- as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation (we will always notify you in advance and we will aim to ensure that your privacy rights will continue to be protected); or
- to protect our rights, property and safety, or the rights, property and safety of others (this includes exchanging information with other companies, organisations, legal advisers and regulators for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk).
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it was collected for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Our default retention period for personal data is 6 years from the date we receive the information unless otherwise specified by law. We keep personal data that may be required for safeguarding purposes for 35 years from the date of collection (as considered reasonable by High Court ruling 2015).
Under certain circumstances, by law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Ask us to correct any information that we hold about you which is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate.
- Ask us to erase your personal information from our files and systems where there is no good reason for us continuing to hold it.
- Object to us using your personal information to further our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) or where we are using your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Ask us to restrict or suspend the use of your personal information, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reasons for using it.
- Ask us to transfer your personal information to another person or organisation.
If you want to access, correct or request restriction or erasure of your personal information, or to object to us using your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party or withdraw your consent to us processing your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01354 661234. You may be asked to put your request in writing.
Queries and Complaints
The Manager oversees compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the Manager:
- by email to email@example.com
- by post at 5 Martin Avenue, March, Cambridgeshire, PE15 0AY
- by telephone on 01354 661234
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
Published: Mar 2019 by FH&E the combined name for the Fenland Association for Community Transport Ltd (FACT), the Huntingdonshire Association for Community Transport (HACT) and Ely & Soham Association for Community Transport (ESACT)