Terms & Conditions of Membership
FACT, HACT and ESACT operate in compliance with Section 19 and 22 Permits (not for profit passenger transport) of the Transport Act 1985. These permits allow us to operate transport services for hire and reward without the need for a full public service vehicle (PSV) operator’s licence. Please refer to the GOV.UK Department for Transport – guidance on Section 19 and 22 permits and obligations: not for profit passenger transport. Under specified conditions, the drivers of certain vehicles are exempt from the need to have a PCV entitlement on their driving licence. Designated bodies (including local authorities) are bodies designated by the Secretary of State in an order which lists all the designated bodies and specifies the classes of body to which each designated body may grant permits. A body is eligible to be designated if it’s concerned with:
- Education, religion, social welfare, recreation and other activities of benefit to the community
Individual & Group Members
- Must be members of FACT, HACT or ESACT and reside in the qualifying area and have read and agreed to our Privacy Notice for Members.
- Membership is for a twelve-month period and will cease at the end of that time unless you have renewed your membership. We will send a renewal application before your membership expires.
- Members will receive updates in the form of a Community Transport Newsletter (issued quarterly subject to funds) via email (if supplied) or post.
- Individual members are entitled to attend the Annual General Meeting.
- Must pay the fare charges at the time of booking. For group bookings we require a 25% deposit when making a firm booking with the balance to be settled one week before the trip. No refunds can be made after this point.
- All transport bookings are accepted subject to vehicle and/or driver availability.
- We cannot accept responsibility for loss or inconvenience caused by cancellation of service, breakdown or delay of a vehicle or any other reasonable cause and reserves the right to suspend the service at any time.
- Our vehicles must NOT be used to carry more than the number of passengers stated in the vehicle.
- FLAMMABLE and INFLAMMABLE liquids/gases must NOT be carried unless previously agreed at time of booking or membership acceptance.
- NO DRUGS or INTOXICATING LIQUOR may be carried or consumed on our vehicles.
- Users of mobility scooters must transfer to a seat in the vehicle and must dismount whilst on the vehicle lift (unless agreed otherwise from the outcome of a risk assessment). Mobility scooters are accepted subject to a maximum of one per vehicle (on first come first served basis), are approved by the manufacturer for vehicle transportation and they fit on the vehicle lift (for larger type scooters please supply dimensions before booking). We reserve the right to charge for mobility scooters on some services.
- The pickup or starting time for any journey cannot be guaranteed and may be later or earlier than scheduled or advised.
- In accordance with the law, we operate a NON-SMOKING POLICY on our vehicles.
- Vehicles must only be used for passengers and their equipment/luggage – EXITS, and GANGWAYS must be kept clear at all times and when applicable (due to vehicle layout) restrictions on luggage/equipment may apply.
- All passengers must wear SEATBELTS at all times (unless a valid Medical Exemption Certificate is supplied). Wheelchair users (unless transferring to a seat) MUST have our WHEELCHAIR & OCCUPANT RESTRAINT equipment fitted by the driver even when individual seating systems are used.
- Users of powered or specialised wheelchairs will be required to switch off equipment when embarking or disembarking the vehicle. The driver will engage/disengage wheelchair clutches in order to use the wheelchair in a manual mode (unless agreed otherwise from the outcome of a risk assessment).
- Assistance dogs (including guide and hearing dog etc) may be carried on the vehicle, ensuring EXITS and GANGWAYS are kept clear at all times.
- The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle and its passengers and may refuse to carry anyone who refuses to abide by the membership conditions or who acts or displays threatening or abusive behaviour (this is in the driver’s opinion).
- Our vehicles can be hired by Group Members and can be booked with or without a driver. For those groups wishing to use their own driver they must have attended and successfully completed the Minibus Drivers Awareness Scheme (MiDAS) conducted by our Training Team. Terms & Conditions of hire will be made available during the MiDAS training. We run MiDAS courses and information on course content and prices is available on request.
- Before booking day trips, special outings, dial-a-ride/car or luncheon outings please refer to the additional terms and conditions available on our website.
- You will update us on any change in circumstances that may affect your membership and eligibility, including where you live, your medical condition and any mobility equipment you use.
- The Management has the right to alter or change these conditions depending on specific or individual circumstances. Any complaints about our services or staff should be made in writing to: Manager, 5 Martin Avenue, March, PE15 0AY stating as much detail as possible in respect of your concerns.